The Granny Flats Sydney Process
1. FREE CONSULTATION AND OBLIGATION FREE QUOTATION (1500)
After our initial meeting, the relevant searches, documentation and fees will need to be prepared including:
- Detailed property and contour survey
- Section 149 Certificate
- Draft Architectural drawings
2. PREPARATION OF DOCUMENTATION FOR LODGEMENT (3500)
Once drawings have been signed off for approval, we will then prepare and lodge the following documentation:
- Architectural Construction Drawings
- Basix Certificate
- Building specifications
- Structural Engineering Drawings
- Hydraulic Engineering Drawings
- Long Service Levy’s
- Lodgement fees
- Sydney Water approval
- Lodgement of plans
Once the design process has been completed and any changes approved by the owner, lodgement of plans to the relevant authority will take place.
Once approval has been obtained, construction of the Granny Flat will commence. Generally, it should take no more than 8-10 weeks for completion, subject to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Once completed, keys to the new Granny Flat will be handed over to the new owner. Congratulations.