Granny Flats As An Investment
- Granny flats are cheap and safer investment. Granny flats:
- Achieve an excellent investment return.
- Turn negatively geared properties into a positive cash flow investment.
- Attain rental yields of 15-25% per annum PLUS capital growth each year
- Have tax depreciation benefits of up to $6,000 per annum
- Is a tangible asset that you can see and touch
- Provides peace of mind knowing that your investment is not reliant on the stock market
- Provide extra income which allow’s you to pay down your mortgage quicker
- Creates greater equity to your home or investment portfolio
Let’s assume the following:
|Rental income of $350 per week amounts to:||$18,200.00|
|Average price of 2 bedroom Granny flat amounts to:||$85,000.00|
|Yield on rental return:||21%|
|Repayments on loan for Granny flat (85,000 x 7.7%):||$6,545.00|
|Money left after paid off repayments:||$11,655.00|